What is Redsip?
Redsip is the world’s first social network with a unique focus on wine for the ever-growing global wine community. Redsip is home to the world’s wine lovers and a place where they can remember, appreciate, explain and relive every wine experience at the touch of a button. With both an iOS and Android beta online, we currently serve wine enthusiasts from over 50 countries and counting. Backed by 40+ top notch VCs and angel investors globally, we are building a sprawling data network through our social media platform to disrupt and nourish the ancient and massive $370B global wine industry.
As a Data Science Intern, you’ll be working under the guidance of Redsip’s Senior Data Scientist to build a solid data foundation for the Redsip platform. You’ll be churning out data reports for a platform supporting a rapidly growing online community with users spanning across 53 countries, and you’ll get hands-on experience at a startup in data science.
What you’ll Do:
- Communicate clearly and transform abstract data concepts and massive amounts of data into insights and recommendations in plain layman’s terms that non-data, non-technical audiences can also understand and action on.
- Data visualization using different reporting software, such as Tableau and Qlik
- Gather data from multiple sources and extract business insights and present them to Product and Executive staff
- Apply advanced analytical methods to solve difficult and non-routine business problems
What We’re Looking For:
- Candidates currently pursuing or with Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, or related disciplines
- Familiarity with python, SQL and fluency in excel and other analytics tools
- Solid math and statistical skills with an eagerness to apply them to real world scenarios
- Understanding of statistical tests and methods preferred
- Introduction to linear methods, tree methods, differential math, propagation of errors a definite plus!
- Solid familiarity with Big Data technologies, such as data framework(Hadoop, Spark) etc.
- Very Good Communication (both verbal and written)
How to Apply
Please email us your resume to email@example.com
Please respond in the email with the answer to: “what is the probability that, out of a packed subway car full of people, there are at least two people with the same number of hairs on their heads as each other?”